The Executive Committee of the AALA is seeking expressions of interest from members to volunteer to assist with the day-to-day administration of the AALA, including membership, administration and corporate secretarial tasks. The role will involve providing administration assistance to the AALA National Secretariat and Treasury, which are key parts of the organisation and its Executive Committee.
The AALA National Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the organisation and providing general administrative support to the national Executive Committee. Specific duties include:
- coordinating meetings, including meetings of the Executive Committee, and annual and other general meetings – preparing agendas (set by the President and Committee members) and taking minutes for Committee meetings; and
- perform duties or functions as required under legislation and rules pertaining to incorporated associations and not-for-profit organisations, and the AALA Constitution – including recording, maintaining and making accessible relevant registers, minutes, securities and other relevant books and documents.
The AALA Treasury is responsible for the day-to-day membership administration and the finances of the organisation, including sponsorship and membership administration relating to events. Specific duties include:
- liaising with prospective and current members about membership and responding to membership queries;
- assisting with processing membership applications and renewals; and
- perform duties or functions as required under legislation and the AALA Constitution relating to membership and finances.
You will be assisting and working under the guidance of the Secretary and the Treasurer to assist to discharge the above tasks, responsibilities and duties.
Individuals interested in applying for the role will need to demonstrate excellent organisation and time-management skills, attention to detail and be able to work autonomously and proactively.
To apply, please send your CV and a short covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.